Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Special Effects in Photoshop - Twisted Stalk Flower

Special Effects in Photoshop - Twisted Stalk Flower

.

Post-process digital photograph, 800px x 600px
.

I've been exploring the capabilities of my new camera, which has incredible zoom and phenomenal macro features. Now to bring up some Photoshop tricks to match these wonders!

This is a photo of a "Twisted Stalk" wildflower, which grows in zig-zag segments, each segment with a tiny, exquisite flower, hanging bell-like under its own leaf.

The post-processing for this picture involved cropping and reducing the resolution of the photo, setting up an edge mask and applying several filters, and placing the resulting image on a neutral background in another document.

You can bet I'll be playing with more images like this!
.

.

No comments:

Followers

.