Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Close Up and Personal - Day 9

A Flash of Color in a Beam of Sunlight  


Looking out the Window   
- the flower (and me) basking in the winter sunshine   

Someone more knowledgeable than I am says that this is technically a "perlargonium" rather than a "geranium," among the differences being how the plant would tolerate cold weather. Under either name, I'm sure that this fine specimen is happier being on the inside looking out, than otherwise.
Me, too, I'm happy blinking at the flashes of color and winter sunshine that make sitting in front of my window so pleasurable.


2 comments:

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

How delicate that flower appears! And how about that background color -- mauve is it?

ps twice I've had an error, service unavail, while trying to comment today. never seen that before that I remember. maybe you are updating or blooger is having issues?

Mavis said...

Background is sky and trees and snow outside the window. Blue => Mauve? Perhaps a color-shift from the window glass?
A few glitches in the past little while with Blogger - "cannot save at this time" but all turned out well in the end.
Thanks for letting me know.

Followers

Blog Archive

.