Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Friday, May 6, 2011

Color Variations 6 - Secondary Colors

Color Variations 6 - Secondary Colors


.

Colored pencil on paper, 6.5" x 10"
.

Orange and violet and green are known as the secondary colors, because each one is mixed from two primary colors. Orange is a mixture of the primary colors yellow and red. Depending on the proportions of pigments used, the orange will have a yellow tone or a reddish tone. Green is a mixture of yellow and blue, and violet is a mixture of red and blue.

In this drawing, I used premixed secondary colors, and I blended the edges of the primary and secondary colors together as I applied them to the paper.
.

.

No comments:

Followers

.