Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something.
My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.
Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?
Monday, May 9, 2011
Complementary Pairs 2 - Red and Green
Colored pencil on paper, 6.5" x 10"
Red and green are anoather pair of complementary colors. Like the other two complementary pairs (blue/orange and yellow/violet), these two colors show high contrast against each other, yet when blended together they yield a neutral tone.
For this drawing I found a supermarket package of watermelon, showing a lovely rich saturated red fruit and a beautiful pattern of greens in the peel. Complementary colors in one item! I used four different colors of red pencils to get the range of reds and four different colors of green pencils to show the pattern of the peel and the reflections in the packaging tray.
By blending reds and greens, I was able to get the dark brownish tones in the seeds and the stem of the watermelon, and to suggest the shadows under the fruit.
- ► 2014 (206)
- Warm Colors
- The Color Wheel
- Complementary Blends 3 - Yellow and Violet
- Complementary Blends 2 - Blue and Orange
- Complementary Blends 1 - Red and Green
- Complementary Pairs 3 - Yellow and Violet
- Complementary Pairs 2 - Red and Green
- Complementary Pairs 1 - Blue and Orange
- Color Variations 7 - Complementaries
- Color Variations 6 - Secondary Colors
- Color Variations 5 - Primary Colors
- Color Variations 4 - Value
- Color Variations 3 - Saturation
- Color Variations 2 - Hue
- Color Variations 1
- ▼ May (15)