Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something.
My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.
Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Preliminary Drawing - Lodge Bay 2 - Ice Edge
"Lodge Bay, Labrador 2 - Ice Edge"
Digital Drawing, 800px x 600px
Edges or boundaries mark where one thing ends and another thing starts.
The edge of the ice is the place where liquid water turns solid. An edge is generally not abrupt but rather is created as a process. The changes at the edge of the ice are gradual and are subject to conditions like wind and water current and temperature.
This drawing is another preliminary study for a painting I have underway. The drawing is done in a technique called grisalle, featuring marks of black and white on a gray surface. I like grisaille because it enhances the sense of three-dimensions in the drawing, and because it emphasizes the details the image that I will eventually paint in colors.
- ► 2014 (206)
- Value Study - Summer Flowers: Clintonia
- Texture Study - Rocks, Ripples and Refractions
- Texture Study - Toad in a Jar
- Preliminary Drawing - Lodge Bay 2 - Ice Edge
- Preliminary Drawing - Lodge Bay - November Thaw
- Preliminary Drawing - Pinware River 5 - Rocky Text...
- Preliminary Drawing - Pinware River 4 - Value Sket...
- Preliminary Drawing - Pinware River 3 -Rapids
- Preliminary Drawing - Pinware River 2 - Waterfall
- Preliminary Drawing - Pinware River 1
- ▼ November (10)