Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something.
My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.
Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Preliminary Drawing - Pinware River 2 - Waterfall
"Pinware River 2, Labrador - Waterfall"
Digital drawing, 600px x 600px
Over time, even the smallest waterfalls split open rocks and create their own erosion zones. This is another preliminary drawing for a painting I have underway.
This technique of creating an image in white and black on a gray background is called grisalle.
Grisaille creates an enhanced sense of three-dimensions in the artwork. Some artists use grisaille as the background for painting, because it gives strongly modeled forms. I am using it as a way to explore the way streams of water fall over rocks and break apart over obstacles in their way.
- ► 2014 (206)
- Value Study - Summer Flowers: Clintonia
- Texture Study - Rocks, Ripples and Refractions
- Texture Study - Toad in a Jar
- Preliminary Drawing - Lodge Bay 2 - Ice Edge
- Preliminary Drawing - Lodge Bay - November Thaw
- Preliminary Drawing - Pinware River 5 - Rocky Text...
- Preliminary Drawing - Pinware River 4 - Value Sket...
- Preliminary Drawing - Pinware River 3 -Rapids
- Preliminary Drawing - Pinware River 2 - Waterfall
- Preliminary Drawing - Pinware River 1
- ▼ November (10)