Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Everything Looks Different at Night - Day 1

Floodlighting on Trees  


A Stand of Trees at Night 
-  floodlighting highlights textures and cylindrical forms        

Everything looks different at night. Artificial night light changes from location to location, and turns ordinary scenes into the unfamiliar. The floodlighting hitting these trees gives an orange glow to the trunks, and the low angle of the light picks out the textures of the bushes and underbrush.       


1 comment:

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

OOOOh I think I'm going to enjoy this series!!!! My old friends the birches -- ethereal as always. Maybe you can catch them again at the full moon? :)

Followers

Blog Archive

.