Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Everything Looks Different at Night - Day 4

Sparks Fly at a Campfire  


A Backyard Chiminea Fire 
- lights up a crisp spring evening   

On a lazy spring evening, a backyard campfire is absolutely wonderful.  Thanks again to the Fire Boss for the good time and for setting the scene for the photos! 
     

3 comments:

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

I bet you probably used a slow exposure but the question occurred to me: Did you simulate the spark lines using a digital drawing program? They look so artful! :)

Mavis said...

I should be flattered, I suppose, at your assumption that I am "artful" and that I would enhance the photo by drawing details, but no, it was 1/30th sec exposure, f/1.8, 900ISO,tripod. It was a bracketed exposure, and my choice of several that caught the sparks, but that was the extent of my "artfulness" here! Thanks! :)

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

Yes, you should be flattered. Very kewl look to this. :)

Followers

Blog Archive

.