Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Friday, November 30, 2012

Art Every Day Month - Post 12

Wet into Wet Washes
Spruce branches - Detail of 11" x 15" Watercolor on paper -
Study of wet into wet washes
Source photo
It was a cool, drizzly day and the spruce branches were shedding raindrops in a dramatic way.  The branches bowed over as the water drained off the needles and ran down to the end, accumulating over the bud-tip until the drop got too heavy and separated, flicking the branch back and releasing a tiny spray of the water that remained on the needles. Then the process started all over again. It was worth getting wet to stay out there and watch it.

In the painting, the drops of water didn't work as well as I'd hoped in the wet into wet washes, but I know what to try the next time.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beutifully captured moment.

Mavis said...

Hi Aga: Looking at this painting again, I'm so pleased at the "wetness" of it all. Thank you for your encouragement!

Followers

.