Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Thursday, November 1, 2012

November Challenges



I have started a November challenge. Actually I've signed up for two of them. They run parallel to each other, so I thought with two groups watching me I have double the accountability to meet my goals. Well, really, I am only accountable to myself, but those daily check-ins do help me keep focused.

Art Every Day Month was Leah Piken Kolidas' challenge to herself ten years ago to create some art every day for one month and to post it on her blog. Today, there are over 220 participants signed up in AEDM, each pledged to make art and post it online throughout the month of November. This year is my third time doing Art Every Day Month and I am looking forward to the challenge. (You can find more info or sign up on the AEDM website.)

Contentpalooza is a 30-day challenge to write 30,000 words, create 30 images — or a combination of both. Also with over 220 participants, the Contentpalooza group is hosted on Facebook. (For more info or to sign up you can search for Contentpalooza in the Facebook search box.)

And my challenge to myself? My ultimate goal is to loosen up my artwork with daily practice. When you stop and think about it, that's a big thing to achieve in just 30 days. I'm glad I have so many people in these groups looking out for me as I get going with it!



No comments:

Followers

.