Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Seeing What's Not There - Day 15

Shadows from an Alderbush


Alder Bushes in Sunshine
-  create a tangle of shadows on the snow.         

Alders are tough grow-anywhere plants that curve and wiggle their way into whatever patches of sunshine they can grow into. On a white snow background, the branches and cones of a wintertime alder bush make a complex shadow design.    


1 comment:

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

What would happen with about 45% of the width cropped off the left side to leave just two ends of twig bracketing the shadow? I am liking the shadow here much more than the branch itself. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Followers

Blog Archive

.