Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Seeing What's Not There - Day 22

Shadows Within a Cloud Bank  


Shadows on the Underside of Clouds
-  demonstrate atmospheric perspective       

Without the play of light on the top of clouds and the cast shadows on the underside of the clouds, the moisture that is suspended in the atmosphere would be a uniform gray tone. We can only make out clouds because we can see their shadows from underneath.  


1 comment:

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

There is something compelling about the starkness maybe in this photo that really draws me in, but I am not sure if it is the subject or the composition of it or what. Maybe the compressed tight dark flatness of the jagged line with the bigness of the sky -- do you know, Mavis?

Followers

Blog Archive

.