Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Seeing What's Not There - Day 23

Reflections on a Wooden Deck  


A Series of Reflections in Tiny Pools of Rainwater
-  on the wooden planks of a backyard deck       

The focusing distance of the reflection is much farther away from the camera than the focusing distance of the wooden deck at my feet. This sets up a strange in-focus and out-of-focus conflict for a viewer's eyes, which is only resolved when the viewer's brain says: "We are looking at the trees." 


1 comment:

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

This is spectacular. I love the color and the finesse in the twiggy details and the contrast with the bold boards -- OH. And the color -- like patina on copper. I really like this one, Mavis.

Followers

Blog Archive

.