Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Gone to the Dogs - Day 26

Spirit Eating an Apple  


An apple is a special prize
- the dogs' senses are on high alert     

 Casper and Spirit knew there were apples in my hand before I got anywhere near the dogpen. If apples smell good to humans, imagine how incredibly good they must smell magnified tens of thousands of times in a dog's specialized olfactory system.


3 comments:

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

The snow, lighting and the colors here made me think of a magical reindeer on the rooftop crunching on a treat on a special night....I never knew dogs would like apples!

Mavis said...

Hi Barbara:

Thanks for the image of the magical reindeer! I'm loving taking photos in the late afternoon sunshine when the shadows are long and blue on the snow.
As for the apples, the performance started when I came out of the porch door with the apples in my hand - there was Olympic-style leaping in the dogpen!

Thanks for your comments here on the blog.

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

That might be close to the golden hour? And yesssss to longer days! :)

Followers

.