Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Elizabeth's Walk - Climbing - Final Layout

Elizabeth's Walk - Climbing - Final Layout

.

Graphite on paper, 3" x 5.5"
.
This is the final layout for the linocut I mentioned last week, one of a series depicting an annual springtime cross-country walking expedition by Innu elder Elizabeth Penashue.
If you compare the two preparatory drawings, you will notice that the trees on the left and right sides are in the same positions, but the small tree in the center foreground is gone and the climbers are spread farther apart enhancing the diagonal movement in the drawing.
.

.

No comments:

Followers

.