Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Tonal Variations - Angles

Tonal Variations - Angles
.


Graphite on paper, 7.5" x 11"
.

Depending on the mood or emphasis I want for the drawing, I might start with defining the lighter tones and work toward the darker ones, or I might launch into building up the darkest areas and then work my way back into lighter and lighter shapes. In this drawing, I found that the areas I wanted as the darkest weren't as dark as the softest 6B graphite could give me, so I added extra dark shapes for greater depth and enhanced emphasis.
.

.

No comments:

Followers

.