Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tonal Variations - Floating


Tonal Variations - Floating


.


Graphite on paper, 10" x 13"


.


These drawing experiments are each based on a quick scribble drawing that defines shapes and areas for me to work in. Then I imagine a light source and what kind of shadow values it would create on these shapes. I pick up which ever grade of pencil I feel appropriate and I start to fill in lights and shadows to indicate three dimensional forms on the paper.


Today I am working with a new kind of paper, made of cotton fiber, in a lighter weight sheet, with a fine textured surface. For today's drawing, I used 3B and 5B grades of graphite, which this new paper accepts well. I am pleased with the fluidity and the gentle movement of the 3-D forms I have created.


.



.


No comments:

Followers

.