Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Friday, November 27, 2009

Art Every Day Month - November 27

Signaling Flags









I am spelling the message in today's challenge using the International Code of Signals, or ship's signaling flags.

I was planning to leave the background as plain white paper, but I decided that the flags needed some visual separation, and that it would be more interesting to look at the overall design against a background, like a sky.

Sailors who know this system will realize that I have included a whimsical flag that does not have an official entry in this code, and to these folks I also acknowledge, to my chagrin, that I have hung one of the flags backwards.

To those who cannot read this message... may I suggest that you do an online search to find an alphabet of signaling flags, and then decipher the message as a puzzle.

And to all, I say, doing these AEDM paintings really does my "art" good!


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

.