Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Art Every Day Month - November 8

Transparent wet in wet washes






I did today's painting in transparent washes, wet into wet, with three primary colors, magenta, prussian blue and permanent yellow.

As I progressed from one block to the next, I began to see the painting as a whole. So, instead of accepting each little arrangement on its own terms, I did a final overall retouching to balance the entire composition.

It still reminds me of a Hawaiian shirt fabric, so perhaps it's time to get out the silkscreens and do some yardage!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

.