Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Art Every Day Month - November 3

Ritual vs. Routine





The trick to staying with a routine is doing the thing regularly.

Doing the Art Every Day for the month of November project - or any other daily painting project - may be an artificial way to initiate a routine, but it works... as long as every day I do the painting (and the photography and blogging to get it online).

I hope for the time when my acceptance of this routine - taping one quarter sheet of watercolor paper to a board, getting the water and paintbrushes ready, selecting the colors, and taking a deep breath before I start - becomes a ritual for starting painting and not just a routine any more.

That's when I will have internalized the action of the daily painting and made it part of me, not simply added it to my daily list of activities.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

.