Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Monday, November 9, 2009

Art Every Day Month - November 9

Working in from the Frame: Islands








My method for today's painting is was working in from the frame. I started each of the 16 blocks with a rough rectangular outline and I worked the watercolor paint in toward the center with wet-in-wet washes and drybrush application of color. I worked quickly and left each separate block as an individual composition, part of the total Matrix (and thanks to Margaret Ryall of Painting On for this description!)

Earlier today I was looking at satellite photos of islands .

Now that I have finished these watercolor arrangements, I am struck at how remarkably similar they appear to each other. I guess both sets - islands and paintings - show things that were shaped by fluid movement and pressure from different directions.

Interesting.






2 comments:

Shayla said...

These colors are gorgeous and I'm enjoying your series. There's something so satisfying about repeating rectangles.

Diane M. McKnight, MA, LMSW, Art Therapist/Psychotherapist/Artist said...

I really love these colors, especially those in the close up..they are so luscious and moving for me.

Followers

Blog Archive

.