Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Monday, November 30, 2009

Art Every Day Month - November 30

Fronds and Leaves








My last entry for AEDM for this month!

Today's painting was done, like yesterday's, with a brush-on rubber resist compound to separate the figure areas from the background areas in the picture.
Where yesterday's work was very precise and provided a clear space on the paper for a contrasting color to be painted in, today's painting is loose and free-flowing.

I feel a sense of accomplishment, certainly, at completing and posting a painting each day for the month of November, and a especially a sense of gratitude for how much progress my watercolor painting has made for the sake of an hour or two of daily practice.

And it's not just my paintings that have benefited from AEDM, because at the beginning of the month I also pledged to use Twitter to publicize my posts.
From Twitter and the AEDM'ers who used it, and from the Creative Every Day website, I feel a remarkable sense of ... community... is the only way I can describe it. And that was an unexpected bonus!

Thank you everyone for a great experience working with you! I will be checking in on your websites and blogs from time to time to see how you are doing. I invite you to continue to check into mine as well.

3 comments:

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

Congratulations on AEDM and learning so much and finding community.... I have loved watching your work this month. Thank you for sharing it!

Patty said...

Congratulations on completing a terrific project, and for sharing it with us. It's a pleasure watching - and reading - as you learn and share your knowledge with us.

Mavis said...

Hi Barbara and Patricia:
Thanks to each of you for your encouragement of my work this past month, and for your participation in what has turned out to be a wonderful community-building experience. Thanks, - Mavis

Followers

Blog Archive

.