Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Art Every Day Month - Nov 12 -

Alpenglow Colors


Alpenglow Colors

Source photo
Alpenglow is a breathtaking blanket of pink light that surrounds everything, before dawn or after sunset. It doesn't happen often. Necessary conditions include a general but not too intense atmospheric haze, and for the sun to be below the horizon but striking the particles in the atmosphere, which for viewers on the ground, glow in the red end of the light spectrum. I have seen Alpenglow on the river, and it is a stunning event.
Disclosure: this is not an image of a true alpenglow, I manipulated the original mild sunset colors in the photograph to get the overall pinky tone. However, the photo does serve as a reminder of how beautiful the original event is.



No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

.