Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Art Every Day Month - Nov 30 -

Broken Ice


Broken Ice - early season ice melt  


Source photo

Unseasonably mild temperatures and strong winds have combined to weaken and loosen the just-formed river ice upstream in higher terrain. Masses of slushy frozen water and brittle sheets of thin ice have broken away from the shore and are being carried downstream, pulling more melting ice along with them as they float past.




3 comments:

Maron said...

I really enjoyed seeing your gorgeous photos and will return often for a peek!

Mavis said...

Hi Maron:
Thanks for checking out my photographs, I am so glad that you liked seeing them.
AEDM has been such a good challenge for me that I think I will continue to challenge myself through the month of December - so please come back again and see what's new.
Meanwhile, I just took a quick look at your metallic colored lanterns, they look lovely and festive. Thanks!

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

So glad you will be continuing! I was just bemoaning the end. Your world windows are delightful. And the idea of you trudging forth at dawn(!) every day is sort of an inspiration in itself. :)

Followers

Blog Archive

.