Commitment: the state of being emotionally impelled to do something. My commitment is to making art, loving life and doing well.

Daily Artworks... my continuing challenge for 2015: Observe and record. Record and observe. And stretch - s-t-r-e-t-c-h - myself.
What will I discover?

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Art Every Day Month - Nov 24 -

Sunrise Reflections

Sunrise Reflections - why are reflections in still water so calming?  

Source photo

I'm a sucker for a good reflection photograph - and this morning's sunrise gave me one of the nicest picture taking opportunities I've ever had.
What is it about a mirror reflection on a still body of water that makes us feel so calm and peaceful? Is it the horizontal and diagonal lines repeating harmoniously throughout the image? Or is it being able to see the tranquil color scheme twice over? Or maybe simply resting our eyes and taking a break to view this quiet scene?  

3 comments:

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

The serenity mirrored in the calm of the water and sky? So still yet so grand... it stretches the heart. Or something like that. :)

Mavis said...

Not sure, but I am glad I was there to enjoy it. Photographers say the secret of a good photo is "f/8 and be there" and I can say, being there and experiencing it is the main part.

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

f-8 and be there is sort of like showing up and doing the work -- where's the romance in that I ask!? lol
Glad you were there to document these moments you have shown us this month. A delight.

Followers

Blog Archive

.